Thinix WiFi Hotspot™ Create Your Own Hotspot
Thinix WiFi Hotspot makes it possible to share your computer's Internet connection with other devices. It works by creating a virtual hotspot using the wireless adapter in your Windows-based PC. Once the hotspot is setup you can share your PC's connection with other computers, tablets, smartphones, and laptops. When you are traveling and have to pay for Internet access, Thinix WiFi Hotspot allows you to pay for one internet connection and share that connection across all of your devices or family members. This is ideal in hotels or airports and in many cases justifies the cost of Thinix WiFi Hotspot on the first use.
Thinix WiFi Hotspot™ Great for Home or on the Road
- Simple User Interface to control and configure a WiFi Hotspot and share it
with other users in seconds.
- Share paid service in a Hotel or Airport with your family/friends or other devices and save money.
- Security is paramount with built-in WPA2 encryption, PIN code protection, and optional automatic security key generation.
- Customize the SSID and password of your Thinix WiFi Hotspot.
- Auto-Start Hotspot option allows Hotspot sharing even while your not logged onto Windows, and allows hotspot to run when non-administrative users are logged on.
- 3G/4G/USB Mode allows administrative users to share wireless devices connected by USB.
- Compatible with all modern WiFi client devices that support WPA2 security such as; Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and Apple OS X.
Thinix WiFi Hotspot™ Works runs on PCs using Windows 7 or Windows 8
- Share a wired or wireless Internet connection
- Works with your internal wireless adaptor or 3G/4G/USB WiFi adaptor
- Software you can trust - No Spyware, Ads, Malware or gimmicks. Trusted & Secure.
Thinix WiFi Hotspot - Use in Meeting and Classrooms:
Many meeting and classrooms have computer attached to projectors or large monitors that are used to display content.
By using Thinix WiFi Hotspot with PIN code protection and auto key generation enabled you can ensure that the guests in your conference room have wireless access that is secure and temporary.
Thinix WiFi Hotspot System Requirements:
These Operating Systems are supported:
Required OS Component: .NET Framework 3.5 from Microsoft (you will prompted to install this package if needed).
- Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit or 64-bit
- Windows 7 Professional 32-bit or 64-bit
- Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit or 64-bit
- Windows 8 32-bit or 64-bit
- Windows 8 Professional 32-bit or 64-bit
- Windows 8 Enterprise 32-bit or 64-bit
These versions of Windows are NOT supported:
A Windows 7 or Windows 8 Certified WiFi adaptor which supports Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) is required.
- Windows XP
- Windows 7 Starter Edition
- Windows 8 RT
Thinix WiFi Hotspot will detect if your WiFi adaptor is compatible and will alert you if it is not.
Thinix WiFi Hotspot recommended Windows 7/8 certified WiFi adaptors:
- Atheros AR5xxx/AR9xxx cards, driver version 220.127.116.11
- Broadcom 4310-series (in many Dell laptops)
- Broadcom 4321AG/4322AG/43224AG WLAN Adapter, driver version 18.104.22.168
- D-link AirPlus G DWL-G510 Wireless PCI Adapter, driver version 22.214.171.124
- D-Link DWA-140 RangeBooster N USB Adapter, driver version 126.96.36.199
- Dell 1397 Mini-Card (Broadcom), 188.8.131.52
- Dell 1505 Draft N, 184.108.40.206
- Dell 1510 Wireless N adapter (Broadcom) 220.127.116.11
- Dell 1701 Wireless N adapter 18.104.22.16800
- Dell 1702 Wireless N adapter 22.214.171.1242
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300AGN, 126.96.36.199
- Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200, 188.8.131.52
- Intel Wi-Fi Link 1000, 184.108.40.206
- Intel Wi-Fi Link 5100, 220.127.116.11
- Intel Wi-Fi Link 5300, 18.104.22.168
- Linksys Dual-Band Wireless-N USB Network Adapter(WUSB600N), driver version 22.214.171.124
- Netgear 108 Mbit WG311T
- Ralink RT2870 (in many 802.11n USB dongles)
- Realtek RTL8187B
- Realtek RTL8187SE (with the drivers that came with Windows 7)
- Realtek RTL8188CE
- Realtek RTL8192u with 1370 (Beta)
- Sitecom Wireless USB Adapter 54g WL-608, with Ralink RT2870 drivers, version 126.96.36.199
Some USB cards do not support WiFi sharing. Open your network connections and see if you see "Virtual Miniport adapter". If it does not appear, it probably is not supported.
Windows 7 Starter Edition is not supported. While all versions of Windows 7 support a virtual Wireless LAN adapter (if the machine is fitted with appropriate WiFi hardware), the adapter is of no use under Windows 7 Starter Edition because of the lack of Internet Connection Sharing support.